In addition to the more general themes listed above, the study group intends to stress the following focal points in forthcoming calls for proposals for the annual conferences:
- Repercussions of multilevel administration: impacts on national organisation, practices and normative orders (2014)
- Closing the EU policy cycle: implementation and evaluation of EU policy (2015)
- Representative bureaucracy (to be decided)
- New forms of governance (to be decided)
- Comparative perspectives on multilevel administration: same but different? (to be decided)
Where these themes would benefit from collaboration with other permanent study groups, the appropriate links will be established. Where possible, we will seek opportunities for edited volumes flowing from the Annual Conference.
This list of highlighted issues does explicitly not exclude other topics from being on the agenda of the PSG, but serves to assure overall coherence in its annual meetings as well as to attract papers on cutting-edge issues. The first Brussels seminar is supposed to take place in 2015; a specific focus will be determined after the upcoming EP elections (and, accordingly, the new Commission and European Council presidents taking office).
The Study Group will convene during the EGPA Annual Conference in Speyer, Germany (10-12 September, 2014)