The Permanent Study Group “Public Sector Financial Management” wishes to focus its research agenda for the period 2014-2016 on “Innovating Public Financial Management: challenges and opportunities”.
In parallel, the PSG aims at being a platform for discussing and disseminating recent trends and experiences in Public Financial Management.
The broad aims of this Study Group are:
- to create a network of scholars and practitioners to exchange ideas, opinions and experiences about public financial management challenges and opportunities;
- to support and encourage theoretical and practical research into the adoption and implementation of new tools in public financial management, also in an interdisciplinary approach;
- to explore experiences and tendencies about innovations that have taken place in public financial management;
- to consider the impact and main benefit of reforms of public financial management inside national, regional and local governments, specifically as a means to improve governments’ accountability and financial sustainability;
- to encourage the comparison between European and non-European countries in the adoption of new approaches, tools and techniques in public financial management, in particular the adoption of accrual accounting and IPSASs;
- to discuss changes in management accounting, costing practices and auditing in the public sector;
- to create a space of dialogue between scholars and practitioners on the challenges and opportunities offered by an innovative approach to PFM, trying to involve also policymakers;
- to support and stimulate the publication of researches in the field of innovation in public financial management.