Download the full call for papers (PDF document)
Submission of abstracts and evaluation process: How to apply
Selection of participants will be based on the review of the complete application package:
Please include the following:
- personal details: name and address of applicant, academic institu-tion/university/department, supervisor(s), area and topic of the dissertation or PhD project, affiliationwith a PhD school or program (if applicable);
- letter of motivation: What do you want to get out of this symposium? How advanced is your project? How will your contribution benefit other participants? How is your proposed paper related to your PhD project?
- paper abstract (1,000 words maximum): details of the proposed paper: title, underlying problems, clear research questions, research design and methodological orientation, relevant theories and theoretical/analytical approaches, first hypotheses and propositions, expected findings and results, problems and challenges the author may face in the research.
Single-authored papers and papers directly related to the PhD project of the author will be preferred. Abstracts will be judged against the following criteria: a) originality; b) theoretical foundations; c) rigour and appropriateness of methodology; d) potential contribution to advancing the relevant fields of public administration and management.
The symposium is open to PhD students and junior researchers affiliated with European academic institutions or who identify with the European public administration and management research community.
The deadline for abstract submission is the 15 May 2014 (only as online submission directly through the Submission Page.
Certificate and Best Paper Award
Upon completion of the symposium all participants will receive a certificate. In addition, the convenors of the symposium will consider the most innovative and rigorous papers for the 2014 EGPA PhD Award.
Dates to remind
- 15 May: Deadline for online submission of complete application materials.
- 1st June: Abstract evaluation, selection of papers to be presented in the sympo-sium and notification of acceptance.
- 5 August: Submission of full papers.
- 15 August: Selection of discussants.
- 8-9 September: Symposium at the German University of Administrative Sciences, Speyer.
A participation fee of € 100 (excluding VAT) will be charged for the symposium. In addition, participants will have privileged access to the EGPA conference. The combined fee for both events is €250 (excluding VAT). The reduced fee for the EGPA conference alone for PhD students is €200 (excluding VAT). All fees are exclusive of accommodation.
Please note that only applicants with an accepted paper for presentation can register for the symposium.
- Professor Eckhard Schroeter (Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen) – [email protected] (chair)
- Professor Christoph Reichard (University of Potsdam) [email protected]
- Professor Michèle Morner (German University of Administrative Sciences, Speyer) [email protected]
- EGPA: Fabienne Maron; [email protected]