18 May 2017
The Centre National de la Fonction Publique Territoriale (CNFPT) and the International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA) are organizing a seminar on “Territorial reforms and the training of local elected officials and local public servants in Europe” on 19 and 20 June in Strasbourg.
This seminar, on 19 and 20 June 2017, will focus on the following two themes:
- “Territorial reforms in Europe: creating a barometer to monitor developments”;
- “Training of territorial officials and local elected representatives in Europe: comparative analysis”.
It will host, principally, directors of schools and public service institutes as well as heads of university courses in public administration.
The preliminary program of this seminar consists of the following sequences:
- a debate on an inventory of community levels and strata in Europe and the institutional reforms of horizontal and vertical simplifications undertaken since 2008, based on recent studies conducted. We will then draw the basis for a draft barometer of local institutional reforms in Europe;
- the preliminary presentation of a comparative analysis carried out by the CNFPT with OLA and CEMR on the training schemes for local elected officials and local public servants in European countries;
- an exchange of views on a draft “Charter of European Schools and Institutes for Public Administration Training on the Values, Principles and Responsibilities of Public Officials”, which would incorporate the principles and values of the Council..