18 May 2017
The Centre National de la Fonction Publique Territoriale (CNFPT) and the International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA) are organizing a seminar on “Territorial reforms and the training of local elected officials and local public servants in Europe” on 19 and 20 June in Strasbourg.
This seminar, on 19 and 20 June 2017, will focus on the following two themes:
- “Territorial reforms in Europe: creating a barometer to monitor developments”;
- “Training of territorial officials and local elected representatives in Europe: comparative analysis”.
It will host, principally, directors of schools and public service institutes as well as heads of university courses in public administration.
The preliminary program of this seminar consists of the following sequences:
- a debate on an inventory of community levels and strata in Europe and the institutional reforms of horizontal and vertical simplifications undertaken since 2008, based on recent studies conducted. We will then draw the basis for a draft barometer of local institutional reforms in Europe;
- the preliminary presentation of a comparative analysis carried out by the CNFPT with OLA and CEMR on the training schemes for local elected officials and local public servants in European countries;
- an exchange of views on a draft “Charter of European Schools and Institutes for Public Administration Training on the Values, Principles and Responsibilities of Public Officials”, which would incorporate the principles and values of the Council..
UNDP Azerbaijan and the Academy of Public Administration of Azerbaijan are organizing an international conference on “Modern Civil Service: new paradigms, innovations and practices.” The conference will take place on June 05-06, 2017 in Fairmont Baku Hotel. The purpose of the conference is to discuss the current situation in the civil service and to enhance the exchange of experiences and best practices in civil service training.
The IIAS family is looking for an expert in civil service training to represent our organization at this conference.
The conference participants are expected to cover the topics on “Civil Service Training Institutions: strategies and practices”, “Improving the Quality of Public Service: Azerbaijan and international practice” and “Civil Service in the Context of Sustainable Development Goals”. The Conference will be divided into substantive sessions and working groups, providing the opportunity for the participants to focus on specific areas from their own perspective and national experiences.
The selected candidate is expected to share his/her knowledge and experience and make a presentation on one of the above-mentioned topics. Please be kindly informed that the United Nations Development Programme Project will cover all costs including accommodation, meal and travel costs.
Should you like to be a candidate and represent the IIAS family at the conference, please send us your CV and a letter in which you express your interest and commitment for the aforementioned tasks. The CV and the letter of interest should be sent to Bardhyl Dobra ([email protected]) at the latest by Friday 2 June at 12 noon (Brussels time).
Please contact us for any further information or question.
Dr. Sofiane Sahraoui
We are happy to announce that Dr. Sofiane Sahraoui was appointed as the new Director general of the IIAS during the Council of Administration meeting in February 2017. He took his office on May 2nd, succeeding Mr. Rolet Loretan who is retiring.
Mr. Loretan has held this position since November 2006 and the IIAS is grateful for his commitment during those past ten years at the head of the Permanent administrative services of the Institute and we wish him all the best in this new chapter in his life.
Dr Sahraoui is a well-known figure in the IIAS Family. A Franco-Tunisian national, he worked at the Bahrain Institute of Public Administration (BIPA) for many years. He participated to the foundation of the MENAPAR Network and is sitting at the Board of Management of our International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA) as well as co-chair of its working group on “Public Policy and Decision-Making.” He was designated as General Rapporteur of the 2013 Congress of IIAS/IASIA and the 2017 IASIA/MENAPAR conference.